When shopping for an entertainment cabinet, most people look at the visual and not the functionality. The realization usually hits during set up of the electronics. We are going to help you with these top five factors to consider.1) ASSESS YOUR NEEDS - First things to ask yourself. How many electronics do you have? Whether its Apple TV, soundbar, DVD player and Foxtel or a complete 7.1 audiophile system with 7 speakers. This will determine how many compartments and size of cabinet you require.
2) CONTROL THE REMOTE - Most people love doors to hide their electronics and give a nice clean look. However, it is not really functional when you have to open the doors to use it every time you watch TV! Consider IR friendly (infrared) glass doors because they will allow remote signals to go through so you can have the doors closed all the time. If you don't want to see what's behind closed doors, consider black tinted glass doors.
3) HEARING THE SOUND - If you have a sound bar or 5.1 speaker systems, look for cabinets that offer specially designed spaces for them. Some cabinets offer compartments with a mesh cover to conceal your speakers and maintain a neat clean appearance.
4) CABLE MANAGEMENT - A well design entertainment cabinet will have multiple holes for cords/cables to run through at the back so they are out of sight.
5) VENTILATION - All electronics produce heat and they need to stay cool to prolong their life. Look for large ventilation slots in the bottom, in the shelves and at the back of the unit.
6) BEING FLEXIBLE - Adjustable shelves will come in handy when you have different sized components. This also future proofs your cabinet if you decide to replace your components.